Rucksters Customs | Project ROX RIOT
Below is a list of Information on how to obtain your very own Rucksters Customs™ built scooter. Our builds are completely done in house with exception of powder coating and anodizing. We are in complete control of the process and can insure the highest quality build for our clients.
How much does a build costs?
- Every build is custom tailored to the client and with so many part options as well as custom work available, prices will vary. We work closely with our clients to build within their budget. We carry a wide range of parts and offer many options. Average cost for a full custom build ranges from $10,000 - $15,000.
How long does it take to complete a custom build?
- Each build takes approx. 3 months to complete from the time we start on your project to completion. Some builds may take longer depending on the extremities. Common projects that are majority "bolt-on" requires less time.
Do you provide the scooter?
- In most cases, our customers provide us the scooter. Depending on the build, we will only need a few major parts which can be shipped to us. This will make it easier to register in your state since the bike is already registered in your name. However, we do offer a purchase service. This service is provided for you to make your transaction easier. We will locate a scooter locally and purchase for your build. Fee starts at $150. Please check with your local and state laws regarding purchasing out of state property or motor vehicle. We are not responsible for any DMV or registration issues that may occur. Inspection may be required when registering an out of state vehicle.
- As for international clients, (option 1) the used or new scooter has to be registered in the US before crossing the border. US Customs require us to show proof of vehicle's US Title before departure. This is the easiest method. Second option, you may ship us your scooter parts along with your Title and Import Documents and we return the Title when project is completed and shipped. This option is a little bit more complicated than it seems b/c we cannot ship the whole bike intact. It will be shipped in several boxes as goods and you will have to assemble it yourself. Best way is option 1.
Is there a waiting list and how do I get on the waiting list?
- Yes there is a waiting list and currently wait time is 2 months. Waiting times are constantly updated. We require a non-refundable $100 deposit to get on the waiting list and to save your spot in line. This deposit fee will roll over into your final bill once the project begins.
What forms of payments do you accept for custom builds?
- We prefer Bank Transfers for Custom builds due to the amount of fees other payment sources charge. However, we do accept Credit Card and Paypal payments.
When is payment due for the build?
- Payment are divided as such:
• Initial Deposit: 30% ( Prior to beginning the build )
• Progress Deposit: 30% ( Half way through the build )
• Final Payment of 40%: Remaining balance including any additions and shipping fees paid upon completion.
How do I get started?
- There are several ways for you to have us build your custom scooter. We completely cater to your individual needs regardless of which state or country you live in. Our body of work has been sent all around the world. Whether you need your build shipped to your front door or local pick up, our staff is here to help you along the entire process. Below is a list of the build process and how it works.
1. Contact us via phone, email or in person to get a quote. Any special requests or needs are discussed at this point. This will be a generalized quote which we'll breakdown into details including parts and prices.
2. Once your quote is completed and you are ready to proceed we'll process your $100 non-refundable deposit. This will save your spot on the list.
3. Initial Deposit 30%: Before the start of your build begins, we will finalize and update your order. Any major changes should be discussed at this point.
4. Progress Deposit 30%: At this point we will be half way through your build. Any changes or updates will be done at this point and your order invoice adjusted. Changes made after this point will add more time to the overall time frame.
5. Final Payment of 40%: Your build is now completed and ready for pick up or shipment.
• • •
RUCKSTERS CUSTOM BUILT BIKES: